Chicken & Vegetable Fettuccine
This is very simple to make when you have cooked a whole chicken and have leftovers. My boys always loved this comfort food, especially after a busy day of hockey! It's nice with a side salad and breadsticks.—Andrea Bergen, Altona, Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain fettuccine; toss with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetables; return just to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through. Serve with fettucine. Freeze option: Do not cook fettuccine. Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Prepare fettuccine as directed. Place chicken mixture in a saucepan or skillet; cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. (Sauce may appear curdled initially, but will become smooth upon heating.) Serve with buttered fettuccine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup pasta with 3/4 cup chicken mixture: 565 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Fettuccine in Freezer Meals 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.