- 1/2 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-in. strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Transfer to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove chicken. Add remaining oil to skillet; stir in next 5 ingredients and saute 4-6 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir in wine and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced slightly, 2-4 minutes. Pour chicken mixture over fettuccine; add cheese and tarragon. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Top with toasted walnuts.
Test Kitchen tips
1-1/2 cups: 561 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.