Chicken Veggie Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, corn, peas, mushrooms, onion, water, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 435 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Jun 10, 2017
I liked this recipe but cut the chicken into smaller portions - and used more peas for more color.
Feb 23, 2014
Just made this for dinner today and I have to say, I was a little disappointed. It tasted okay....my husband even had a second helping, but we agreed that I would not make this again. I did use a light Alfredo sauce to cut down on fat and calories so maybe we would have liked it better if I had used the full-fat version.
Dec 13, 2013
. We did not like it at all. In fact one of the kids and I simply could not eat it and threw it all away. The alfredo sauce ended up tasting like cream of chicken soup after cooking all day with the chicken and veggies. I found this recipe in one of the special chicken issues of TOH, and we hated it so much I came online to rate it.
Jun 8, 2012
As with all TOH recipes, going on a wing here and rating *5*. Have not yet made this, however, planning to make for Father's Day, along with mashed potatoes on side, and of course, blueberry gelatin salad. No doubt, my guy oughta like it.