Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo
Total TimePrep:20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, onion, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm. Turn slow cooker off and stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve chicken and sauce with fettucine. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2018
I actually sliced the chicken and laid it across the pasta before putting on the sauce. My kids couldn't do the mushrooms, but otherwise, it was a keeper.
Apr 30, 2018
Tasted more like chicken gravy than alfredo sauce. Not even close. Very disappointed. My Italian husband said it would work well over waffles or with Bisquits.
Sep 28, 2017
EASY and GOOD
Aug 15, 2017
Easy to make! I use frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts and stick them in the crock pot frozen. I don't brown them, and it turns out fine!
Jul 9, 2015
Very good flavor. My husband and I both loved it and you can bet we'll be having this again and again.
Feb 16, 2015
Make this recipe for my husband, he loves it. I also use boneless, skinless breasts, it's great.
Nov 17, 2014
This was one of the best new recipes I've prepared in my almost 60 years of cooking. So simple and wonderful.
Sep 20, 2014
I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed them and browned them in oil first, then left them in the crock pot the entire time. Delicious!