- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook and stir until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower, 4 cups water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; add 2/3 cup Parmesan and pepper flakes. Process until pureed smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente. Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add cauliflower mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Parmesan.
1-1/3 cups: 371 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.