Fettucine Seafood Alfredo
When I was pregnant with my first daughter I had to limit my fat intake due to health problems. I still wanted delicious meals that were great for entertaining so I started making this Alfredo for special occasions. —Jackie Price, Trenton, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add milk and salt. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Whisk in sour cream. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet with shrimp and crab. Heat through. Stir in basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 538 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Fettucine and Seafood Alfredo in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013