Seafood Pasta Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab, drained
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, crabmeat and green onions. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 504 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
Very good, my husband loved it. I really don't see the need for the imitation crab since I bought top shelf lump crab, but I did used it since I like the imitation crab. To lighten a bit I only used 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, fat free half and half (which worked fine), and 2 tablespoons of light butter. The sauce was just a tad thin but the pasta soaks it up.
Feb 12, 2013
I, too, used half and half. I also replaced 1 tbsp of butter with margarine and added two tbsp of flour. Turned out great.
Aug 6, 2011
I made this recipe last night when my sister came to visit. The recipe was easy to follow and tasty! I substituted sea scallops for the crab and half and half for the cream. The sauce was a bit too thin so I needed to thicken the it with some cornstarch and half and half. Perhaps it would have been thicker with the heavy cream. My sister liked the meal so much she's going home with a copy of the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.