Gingered Garlic Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta and remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 536 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2017
Excellent recipe. We both loved it. I was looking for something similar to what I had at Boston Pizza, and this surpassed.
Oct 25, 2014
I enjoyed it, but I am not sure my husband did. If he doesn't like it I do not consider it a keeper.