Gingered Garlic Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta and remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 536 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 14, 2017
Excellent recipe. We both loved it. I was looking for something similar to what I had at Boston Pizza, and this surpassed.
Oct 25, 2014
I enjoyed it, but I am not sure my husband did. If he doesn't like it I do not consider it a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.