Garlicky Herbed Shrimp
I love shrimp. Love garlic. Love herbs. Cook ’em in butter and what could be better? —Dave Levin, Van Nuys, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; toss to combine. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp mixture; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp mixture. Return cooked shrimp to pan. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Stir in herbs.
Nutrition Facts1 shrimp: 46 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Herbed Shrimp in Taste of Home December/January 2013
Jul 24, 2013
Is it normally served hot or cold?
Jan 27, 2013
Jan 4, 2013
This recipe was very easy and very yummy. I would definitely make this again.
Dec 22, 2012
This was absolutely delicious, it had so much flavor.