A golden brown crumb topping is the finishing touch on this rich noodle casserole that takes advantage of canned salmon from the pantry. "It's so good that I'm always asked for the recipe," comments Joan Sherlock from Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. In another large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.