Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 package (12 ounces) noodles, cooked and drained
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, brown pork; drain. Remove meat and set aside. In the same pan, bring 1-1/4 cups water, bouillon and paprika to a boil. Add pork, onion and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; gradually add to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 251 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 24, 2016
The spouse loved this, as did I. I sauteed the onion and garlic in a Tbsp of olive oil (nonstick pan, no cooking spray) before adding the chops. It adds a natural sweetness through the browning of the onions that is worth every one of the 19 calories per serving it adds. I used reduced fat (NOT fat free) sour cream and it worked quite well. I started with 1 tsp paprika and worked up to taste.
Oct 16, 2015
This was so yummy and flavorful! I've only ever just LIKED Beef Stroganoff because it was never all that flavorful. But THIS recipe is DELISH! My husband and son LOVED it as well. Thank you~ :)
Sep 2, 2014
Delicious, with beef being so expensive now it was a tasty , cheaper version of traditional beef stroganoff! Meat was very tender.
Jan 13, 2014
I started making this years ago and it's still a hit! Its what I call comfort food :)
Mar 4, 2013
I have been making this for my family for several years & everyone loves it, even my extremely picky 10-yr old!
Oct 18, 2011
My family HATED this...we ended up throwing it away and going for burgers. I think it was the heavy paprika flavor that we disliked.
Jan 24, 2011
My husband and I loved this dish. The meat was very tender, the flavor was excellent. Will be making this again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.