This is a recipe I often use when I am expecting company. It is a perfect appetizer.—Gudrun Braker, Burnet, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Garnishes (sliced almonds, pimiento-stuffed green olive, celery rib, parsley)
- Drain, debone and flake salmon. Add the remaining ingredients except the garnishes.
- On a platter, mold salmon mixture into a fish shape. Arrange almonds to resemble scales. Use slice of olive for eye, thin strips of celery for the tail. Garnish with parsley. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 69 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Originally published as Salmon Pate in The Best of Country Cooking- same as TOH BCC 1st edition