Salmon Caesar Salad
This main course was invented out of a need to serve my family a balanced meal when time was limited. Even my young son loves it! —Ann Bagdonas of Antioch, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 3/4 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Rub salmon with garlic; place in a shallow bowl. Add teriyaki sauce; turn salmon to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Place salmon on an oiled grill rack over high heat or in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, or broil 3-4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Toss salad mix with salad dressing; place on four plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Health Tip: Sneak in an extra serving of fruit and veggies by adding sliced fresh strawberries, orange segments, blanched asparagus or chopped kale.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 311 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Caesar Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Aug 11, 2019
I posted a review for this recipe and it still hasn't shown up here! I'd used two 9-oz. bags of hearts of Romaine lettuce and actually I used regular creamy Caesar salad dressing. I also broiled the salmon. This recipe was delicious!