Northwest Salmon Salad
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; top with dill sprigs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Flake salmon into large pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, red pepper, snipped dill, capers and remaining pepper and lemon juice.
- Divide lettuce among four plates. Top with peach, hazelnuts, blueberries, onion and salmon. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 305 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 26, 2016
I used cashew pieces instead of hazelnuts and added shredded carrots for color. Delicious. Thank you, Elda, for sharing this recipe.
Jul 26, 2013
this is yummy! I left out the capers tho. A great meal on a hot summer day.
Jun 25, 2012
I made this salad exactly as written (except for using walnuts in place of difficult-to-find hazelnuts) and it was an amazing summer dinner!
Jun 2, 2011
This was a very light and very refreshing salad. The fruits mixed very well with the salmon and other ingredients. The dressing needed a little more of a kick so we will experiment with that in the future. Overall a fantastic spring/summer salad!