Glazed Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place brussels sprouts in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook salmon over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute; add the honey, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until blended. Set aside 2 tablespoons glaze. Drain Brussels sprouts; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Serve with salmon; drizzle with reserved glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 516 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 40g protein.
Sep 25, 2017
makes a great end of day meal
Mar 26, 2014
Have made this a couple of times and really enjoy the combination of sweet and savory. I think the glaze is a perfect compliment to the salmon and really dresses up the brussel sprouts. Quick and satisfying!
Dec 18, 2011
Fantastic and healthy dinner that actually made me like brussel sprouts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.