Salmon with Root Vegetables
This cozy hash is loaded with protein and healthy fats that keep you going on busy days. We've been known to devour it at breakfast, lunch and dinner! —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, turnips and carrots. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cinnamon and cumin; sprinkle over vegetables. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place salmon, skin side down, in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. Preheat broiler; broil until fish just begins to flake easily, 2-5 minutes. Serve salmon with vegetables.
Test Kitchen Tips