Ginger Salmon with Brown Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with 3 tablespoons salad dressing. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Brush with remaining salad dressing.
- Meanwhile, place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add carrot and half of the green onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork; serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup rice mixture: 446 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 28, 2018
The salmon was really good but the rice was a little chewy. Maybe it was operator error. I'll definitely make again and maybe add a little more water so the rice can cook a little longer.