Ginger Salmon with Brown Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with 3 tablespoons salad dressing. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Brush with remaining salad dressing.
- Meanwhile, place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add carrot and half of the green onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff with a fork; serve with salmon. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup rice mixture: 446 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2018
The salmon was really good but the rice was a little chewy. Maybe it was operator error. I'll definitely make again and maybe add a little more water so the rice can cook a little longer.