Salmon Supreme with Ginger Soy Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip fillets in flour mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, cook salmon in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce: 319 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
We LOVE this recipe! I am not usually a big fan of salmon but since it is so nutritious I made a new year's resolution to eat more of it. Wow-wee is this good! I will be making this dish often.
Dec 30, 2018
Very good. I used grape juice instead of apple juice
Nov 30, 2018
LOVE!! I used blackberry balsamic vinegar The only thing that was wrong, I didn't make more. This will be in regular rotation.
Jan 17, 2009
We loved this! This is really delicious and super-easy. A great way to get a healthy fish into your diet.