Ginger Steak Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until no liquid egg remains, breaking up eggs into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry
- 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce; remove from pan.
- Add coleslaw mix, peas, ginger and garlic to the pan; cook and stir until coleslaw mix is crisp-tender. Add rice and remaining soy sauce, tossing to combine rice with vegetable mixture; heat through. Stir in cooked eggs, beef and green onions; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 346 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 10, 2018
Delicious!! My husband and I were both very impressed by this easy and tasty dish.We did not use leftover rice but instant rice and it still turned out so good! This recipe is a keeper!
Jan 6, 2018
Easy, fast, delicious! Keeper!
Jan 17, 2017
Wow, the broccoli slaw was a great call in this fried rice, it added so much great flavor. Easy to make. Will definitely make again.
Jan 27, 2015
This dish is totally worth the effort and the many steps to make it. I will be making this again and again.
Sep 6, 2013
Lots of veggies in the one! Delicious flavor and got hubbies approval too. :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.