Ginger Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 each large green and sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and ginger. In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and half of the soy sauce mixture until smooth; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir reserved soy sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return peppers to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 235 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 14, 2017
So good and easy to make!!
Dec 20, 2016
Wow! This may have been the most delicious Asian stir-fry meal I've ever made from scratch! The sauce was *perfect." Just the right amount of ginger, and just the right consistency to cling to the meat, yet rich enough to even provide enough flavor to be served over rice. So good! My kids loved it. I used some London Broil that I cut into thin strips, and it was delicious. I did not pre-marinate...I just briefly let the meat sit with the sauce, and it pretty much soaked it right up so there was nothing to drain off from the bag. This was really wonderful, and I will definitely make it again!
Jan 31, 2010
Tasty, Easy To Prepare
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.