Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until set; remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, pineapple, shrimp, cashews, peas and green onions; heat through. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Stir in eggs.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 342 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 21, 2016
This seems to be more than 6 servings. My husband and I had mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed everything but the pineapple (I thought it just didn't seem to go well with the other flavors). He said he liked the pineapple but felt everything else needed more flavor. The only things I did differently was add in a stir fry mix of veggies instead of just peas, and used white rice instead of brown. Everything else was exactly as written. All-in-all I'd probably make this again but I'd tweak it.
Aug 14, 2016
Made this for a quick meal. We used 2 cups of diced ham in place of shrimp.Had all the ingredients on hand and we like white rice instead of brown rice.Will definitely make this again. Lots of flavor.
Jan 13, 2016
Very easy and delicious. Great for a week night meal for a working family. My husband and 3-year old daughter loved it. Will definitely make again.
Feb 9, 2015
I made this tonight and we ate every bite. Enjoyed the pineapple, nuts,, and egg, but I don't think I will make this again. It was easy to prepare and if you're feeding a family it would make a great week night meal. Sorry, we just didn't enjoy it enough to add to my recipe box.
Jan 29, 2015
Mmm! So good! I made the following changes: 4 eggs, white jasmine rice, chicken AND shrimp (some of us like shrimp and some like chicken), and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
Jan 2, 2015
Easy and delicious!
Sep 13, 2013
I just had to write a review...this was delicious!
Jun 21, 2012
DELISH!! loved the cashews in it.
May 20, 2012
This is a very flavorful one dish meal. It's also easy to prepare and quick. Perfect for a busy weeknight supper.
May 5, 2012
I was craving this kind of flavor, so we did this recipe and loved it! Great combination of the shrimp and pineapple.