Green Curry Salmon with Green Beans
Like a lot of people here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, my boyfriend, Michael, loves to fish. When we have an abundance of fresh salmon on hand, this is one way we cook it. —Amy Paul Maynard, Albany, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon in an 8-in. square baking dish. Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste; pour over salmon. Bake, uncovered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine rice, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place green beans in basket; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until beans are crisp-tender, 7-10 minutes. Toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Serve salmon with rice, beans and lime wedges. Spoon coconut sauce over the salmon.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste. Health Tip: This nutrition-packed complete meal is gluten-free, heart-smart and diabetic-friendly.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 366 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Thai Green Curry Salmon with Sesame Green Beans in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.