Glazed Salmon Fillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup to a saucepan; simmer until heated through. Set aside remaining mixture for basting.
- Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel in cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill with skin side down.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with the reserved brown sugar mixture. Grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Serve with the warmed sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 441 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2018
This was very good and I would make it again. However, I don't think I'd bother with that last step of drizzling the grilled salmon with the heated sauce. I thought that setting aside a portion of the sauce and heating it made an additional unnecessary step. When I'm grilling I'm doing enough running back and forth from the kitchen to the deck. I felt that several brushings-on of the sauce did a fine job of imparting the flavor to the salmon. I did like that little bite from the cayenne pepper. Ran out of grill gas tonight and had to finish the fish under the broiler, but that worked perfectly.
Apr 20, 2017
This recipe was delicious. I substituted dill weed for basil and cayenne for paprika. My family loved it!
Sep 11, 2013
Oh so good!! Who would have thought dill, cayenne pepper and brown sugar would make such a delicious combination! Definitely keeping this one in my records.
Aug 3, 2012
I have made this several times now and my husband & I both love it! So simple yet so tasty. We have salmon now just so we could use this recipe!
Jul 17, 2012
I had never made salmon before, but decided to try this last night. It was delicious! My fiance and I both loved it and it will definitely be a staple for us from now on!