Greek Sandwich Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Drain. Stir in the feta, pine nuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread over 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until bread is browned and cheese is melted, turning once, 3-4 minutes. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 27, 2018
Excellent! Like a previous review from equestsarah81, I only made one sandwich too and added extra olive oil as suggested. Simple and tasty. I didn't have pine nuts (too expensive) so threw in some walnuts for the crunch. This is keeper!
Aug 7, 2011
May 24, 2011
VERY GOOD!!!! I only made 1 sandwish for lunch to try it and believe me, I WILL BE MAKING THIS AGAIN!!! I wouldn't change a thing but I think you would definitely have to use more olive oil (I added as much as I felt I needed and used at least 1 tbsp just for the 1 sandwish (4 servings)). I think this would be good if shredded rotisserie chicken or real bacon bits were added too!