Greek Sausage Pita Pizzas
I turned my favorite sandwich into a pizza. It's great for lunch or dinner but don't forget it when you're having a bunch of people over. It makes a great appetizer, too. —Marion McNeill, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into large crumbles; drain.
- Meanwhile, place pita breads on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and almost crisp.
- Top pita breads with sausage mixture, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Top with cucumbers; drizzle with tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 632 calories, 40g fat (12g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1336mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Greek Pita Pizza in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.