Greek Pita Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Pita breads, cut into wedges or baked pita chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and vinaigrette until blended. Spread onto a large serving plate or two pie plates. Layer with olives, tomatoes, onion, peppers, cucumber and cheese. Serve with pita breads.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 96 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 17, 2019
Very refreshing and beautiful dip! Suggested adjustment: I doubled the recipe and found that 1 cup of oil was far too much. I poured out as much as I could. When I make it again, I will substitute 1/4 cup mayonnaise for a single recipe and use dry Greek seasoning.
Oct 18, 2018
This was great for an office party. Many compliments that it was unlike other dips. Tasted fresh and looked beautiful. I prepared tthe base and chopped uup the veggies tthe night before. I used low fat cheeses. Had many requests for the recipes. I will definitely mmake this again.