Greek Salad Pitas
Veggie lovers, here's a full-flavored recipe just for you! This hearty, meatless pita is stuffed with plenty of chopped vegetables and savory Greek accents. —Alexis W. Worchesky-Lasek, West Friendship , Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, red pepper, tomato, zucchini, feta cheese and olives. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into lettuce-lined pita halves.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 255 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Greek Salad Pita in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007
Jul 31, 2015
Made this for lunch yesterday! It was delightfully good! My husband added cooked chicken, too!
Jul 31, 2015
Tried this for my daughter who is vegetarian. Good
Sep 26, 2013
Fresh and crisp. Great summer recipe. Light.