Greek Pita Pizzas
Pita bread is the crust for these single-serving pizzas that get Mediterranean flair from olives, spinach and feta cheese. Breadsticks and a wedge of iceberg lettuce drizzled with salad dressing (pictured above right) make fine pizza partners. Or serve an appetizer of fresh vegetables with dip, then cap off the meal with lemon Italian ice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush pitas with 1 tablespoon oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and remaining oil. Spread over pitas; top with spinach, feta cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Greek Pita Pizzas in Quick Cooking March/April 2003