Greek Isle Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + standing
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 1 tablespoon of the oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; brush with oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in the rosemary, pepper and, if desired, lemon zest. Spread over crust. Top with spinach and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 328 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 14, 2017
Yum! Made this last night. The only change I made was I used Naan bread which I wanted to use up. Excellent combo of on hand ingredients. Will make it again very soon and add some diced pre-cooked chicken. Thank you for sharing Amanda!
Oct 24, 2014
Loved it! The feta and olives give it a nice bite.
Jun 10, 2013
This is the first time I have ever rated a recipe, but I had to comment on this great pizza! It is one of the best pizzas my husband and I have ever had. He told me I had better find the recipe (I have many on my kitchen counter) to make it again!
Jan 21, 2013
My entire family loves this recipe. It is light and fresh and very tasty.
Jan 8, 2013
Feta cheese is first recorded in the Byzantine Empire under the name πρόσφατος (prósphatos, "recent", i.e. fresh), and was associated specifically with Crete. An Italian visitor to Candia in 1494 describes its storage in brine clearly. The Greek word "feta" comes from the Italian word fetta ("slice"). It was introduced into the Greek language in the 17th century. Opinions vary whether it refers to the method of cutting the cheese in slices to serve on a plate or because of the practice of slicing it to place in barrels
Jan 8, 2013
Feta cheese is first recorded in the Byzantine Empire under the name ????????? (prósphatos, "recent", i.e. fresh), and was associated specifically with Crete. An Italian visitor to Candia in 1494 describes its storage in brine clearly.The Greek word "feta" comes from the Italian word fetta ("slice"). It was introduced into the Greek language in the 17th century. Opinions vary whether it refers to the method of cutting the cheese in slices to serve on a plate or because of the practice of slicing it to place in barrels
Jan 3, 2013
Haven't made it yet but might do soon as it sounds great & easy.To the people in charge of Taste of Home. Yes the meaning is slice /piece and could mean the same in Italian but it's not from the Italian word "fette". It's from the Greek word 'feta". Please take into consideration that I'm Greek & live in Greece and would know what I'm talking about.
Jun 8, 2011
Apr 22, 2011
This is a staple in our house. Even the kids LOVE it!
Apr 5, 2011
My boyfriend and I recently have been trying different Greek recipes so I was exited to make this one. The total prep time could be a little longer than the recipe suggests depending on your skill level in the kitchen but its totally worth it. I also bought a bag of fulled cooked smoked chicken breast, cut into small pieces, to add to the pizza. If you like Greek Salads you'll love this pizza. It absolutely delicious.