Our son often made these olives for holiday get-togethers. They're simple to make and add a little zest to the buffet table offerings.—Marguerite Shaeffer, Sewell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2 cups large pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted medium ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- Pepper to taste
- Place olives in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over olives and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days before serving, stirring several times each day.
- Olives may be refrigerated for 2 weeks. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 98 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Marinated Olives in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.