Marinated Mushrooms & Artichokes
I marinate mushrooms and artichokes in fresh tarragon, thyme and seasonings so they turn out tart, tangy and irresistible. —Marcia Doyle, Pompano, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
Makes16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 pounds medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Additional parsley
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine first twelve ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to blend, 3-4 hours. Serve with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 43 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Marinated Mushrooms and Artichoke in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.