Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add wine, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced by half.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 104 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2014
I put this on a grilled burger with a little cheese, and I didn't need anything else. And I'm a ketchup girl. That's saying something.
Mar 24, 2013
The best sauteed mushrooms every eaten.
Nov 20, 2011
I always made a sauteed mushroom recipe my mother gave me. Unfortunately, it called for a LOT of butter. Decided to try this recipe, and I'm sure glad I did! I think they are the best sauteed mushrooms I've ever had. Might add a little minced onion next time. Thanks, Elizabeth, for sharing your family recipe.
May 22, 2011
Made these for dinner tonight with some steaks on the grill...fabulous and easy!