Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add wine, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced by half.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 104 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 23, 2014
I put this on a grilled burger with a little cheese, and I didn't need anything else. And I'm a ketchup girl. That's saying something.
Mar 24, 2013
The best sauteed mushrooms every eaten.
Nov 20, 2011
I always made a sauteed mushroom recipe my mother gave me. Unfortunately, it called for a LOT of butter. Decided to try this recipe, and I'm sure glad I did! I think they are the best sauteed mushrooms I've ever had. Might add a little minced onion next time. Thanks, Elizabeth, for sharing your family recipe.
May 22, 2011
Made these for dinner tonight with some steaks on the grill...fabulous and easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.