Guests will never guess a dish so flavorful could take only 10 minutes of hands-on prep and no cooking! Great as a side dish or tempting tidbit on a relish tray, this versatile recipe is from Billie Moss in Walnut Creek, California.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2 cups small fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over mushrooms and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 46 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Marinated Mushrooms in Light & Tasty December/January 2007