Slow Cooker Marinated Mushrooms
Here's a terrific healthy addition to any buffet spread. Mushrooms and pearl onions seasoned with herbs, balsamic and red wine are terrific on their own or alongside a tenderloin roast. —Courtney Wilson, Fresno, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place mushrooms, onions and garlic in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; pour over mushrooms. Cook, covered, on low until mushrooms are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled mushrooms and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 42 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Marinated Mushrooms in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.