Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture: 292 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Nov 25, 2019
I used half chicken stock and half water. I also replace chicken breasts with chicken thighs with bones but removed the skin. Served with mash potatoes. Was awesome.
May 19, 2018
Made this for dinner and I thought it was pretty tasty. I cut the water in half as suggested by a previous reviewer and I didn't have any fresh mushrooms so I used canned mushrooms. I also added some pepper. Chicken was very tasty, mushrooms were good with the peas.
Jan 20, 2017
I doubled everything for my 5 quart slow cooker. It came out much more like a soup, which is how we ate it! Tasted good, just not at all like the picture.- Theresa
Apr 21, 2016
Made this for dinner this week and unfortunately it did not turn out well. Very bland and the flavor of the onions, mushrooms and peas did not mix well. I'm sure it's a good base recipe to maybe build on, but if you want flavor, this recipe is not for you.
Mar 4, 2016
I made this for dinner last night and we all really enjoyed it. It's not a new or innovative recipe but it's great for an easy weeknight meal.
Mar 4, 2016
Feb 24, 2016
Good, quick, and easy weeknight dinner.
Oct 25, 2015
Nope. It smelled delicious, but tasted very bland and boring. It tasted like mushrooms, peas, and chicken individually just warmed up together. I would not recommend this recipe.
Sep 20, 2015
Sooooo simple and sooooo flavorful.
May 22, 2015
I followed the recipe exactly. It wasn't inspiring and hubby requested that I not make it again. Very bland.