Favorite Marinated Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). Place caps in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing mix, water, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and seasonings.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl; add dressing and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 166 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 26, 2011
This recipe was very easy to make. It makes a great side as well. I used only 1/2 the mushrooms and kept the remaining dressing in the refrigerator for next time, which will be soon.
Jan 8, 2011
This recipe is so easy to make ,my familiy & friends love it, I get multiple requests to bring it to holiday functions, I had to start making a double batch!
Jan 28, 2010
made these for the first time a couple of Christmas ago. They are a favorite with my whole family, especially the guys.
Dec 5, 2008
These are fantastic. Every time I make them the bowl comes back empty and everyone is asking for thr recipe, so yummy!