Favorite Marinated Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). Place caps in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing mix, water, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and seasonings.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl; add dressing and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 166 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2011
This recipe was very easy to make. It makes a great side as well. I used only 1/2 the mushrooms and kept the remaining dressing in the refrigerator for next time, which will be soon.
Jan 8, 2011
This recipe is so easy to make ,my familiy & friends love it, I get multiple requests to bring it to holiday functions, I had to start making a double batch!
Jan 28, 2010
made these for the first time a couple of Christmas ago. They are a favorite with my whole family, especially the guys.
Dec 5, 2008
These are fantastic. Every time I make them the bowl comes back empty and everyone is asking for thr recipe, so yummy!