This festive side dish couldn't be easier to throw together. But because it's so pretty, it's perfect for special occasions. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 8 ingredients; shake well. In a small bowl, combine broccoli and red pepper; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 12, 2020
This is yummy! We added 2 tsp sesame oil to make exactly to our liking.
Jan 29, 2012
Fantastic, simple salad. Perfect portion for just me since I'm the only one in the household that likes broccoli.