Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating
Makesabout 2 pounds
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) white cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers or toasted sliced French bread
- Slice each block of cheddar cheese into twenty 1/4-in. slices. Cut each block of cream cheese into 18 slices. Create four 6-in.-long blocks of stacked cheeses, sandwiching 9 cream cheese slices between 10 cheddar slices for each stack. Place in a 13x9-in. dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the roasted peppers, oil, vinegars, onions, herbs, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over cheese stacks.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning cheese blocks once. Drain excess marinade. Serve cheese with crackers or toasted bread.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 121 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 7, 2019
You cant have bread or crackers on keto?????
Jan 16, 2018
These are excellent, made as written., and I have made them several times before. The last time I wanted to make them, and had no time to go to the store, I was out of cream cheese, so I put a slice of luncheon ham meat between the pieces of cheddar, I cut the cheddar pieces into cubes as opposed to rectangles, used toothpicks to hold them together, and did not put them on slices of bread or crackers. This alternate version was equally as good.. it is the marinade on the cheddar - that's the key to the success of this easy appetizer.
Jul 14, 2012
Asolutely delicious! Works well with Wheat Thins or bacquette bread. I made the day before so it had plenty of time to marinade, a real hit at parties.
Dec 24, 2011
My 11 year old daughter made this to bring to Christmas Eve dinner and got rave reviews 2 years in a row. Definitely takes some time to combine the cheeses and smooth out the "stacks", but well worth it!
Mar 26, 2011
Took this to a family reunion today. It was a big hit!! Just happened to have a copy of the recipe with me. People wanted it!
Nov 5, 2010
I heard about this recipe from a co-worker who brought it in to work. I tried it for a get together and it was gone quickly. Its so good you just can't walk to far from it without going back to get more. If you love cheese you gotta try this recipe! Yummy!
Jan 17, 2010
Excellent taste! I purchase my cheese from a stand at a farmers market. Every year for Christmas he cuts cheddar that has been aged for 25 years. I purchased extra which I also used in this recipe. This receipe is a keeper.
Dec 30, 2009
I substituted Montery Jack cheese for the white cheddar. Everyone loved this. I made it three times over the holidays.
Dec 11, 2009
Dec 11, 2009
I can't wait to make this.