Marinated Vegetable Salad
This recipe is so versatile because you can use whatever vegetables you family prefers. It's a nice change from typical mayonnaise-based salads. —Rita Wagers, Emporia, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002