Marinated Cheese with Peppers and Olives
Cheddar cheese, red peppers and pitted ripe olives make a tasty, rustic appetizer when marinated overnight and served with decorative toothpicks. —Polly Brunning, Thaxton, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 155 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Cheese with Peppers and Olives in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.