Caprese Tomato Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 63 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 11, 2014
My family liked these a lot! They ate them all! I however did not like them? I love tomatoes, mozzarella and olive oil but these were not for me.
Jul 7, 2013
Made these for a July 4th party and they were gone in minutes!
Jul 1, 2012
This took way more than 30 min. to make. The taste was good but I couldn't use my piping bag, it just got jammed with the cheese so I needed to use a 1/2 teaspoon which added to the time.
May 20, 2012
This recipe is so easy to make. The drizzle of vinegar adds a little zing to each bite. Very fresh and great for a backyard get together.
Jul 22, 2011
I made this for 4th of July and everyone loved it. I also used the leftover filling to top a pizza and it was delicious.
Jul 4, 2011
Took this to a fourth of July party and everybody loved it. Everyone commented on how good they were. Scooping out the tomatoes was a bit time consuming, and piping the filling a bit fussy but pretty quick, and they looked great. The whole recipe took about an hour and cost about $10. Definitely a keeper.
Jun 12, 2010
wonderful tasting, made it for a group, many wanted the recipe, thanks
May 21, 2010
I made these as an appetizer for a women's retreat and they were a big hit. If you have filling left over it's very good on snack crackers.
Feb 15, 2010
These were very colorful and very tasty. I made them 4 hours before the event, and put them in the fridge. They were perfect after that time.
Aug 28, 2009
how long before you use these can they be made?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.