Caprese Tomato Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 63 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 11, 2014
My family liked these a lot! They ate them all! I however did not like them? I love tomatoes, mozzarella and olive oil but these were not for me.
Jul 7, 2013
Made these for a July 4th party and they were gone in minutes!
Jul 1, 2012
This took way more than 30 min. to make. The taste was good but I couldn't use my piping bag, it just got jammed with the cheese so I needed to use a 1/2 teaspoon which added to the time.
May 20, 2012
This recipe is so easy to make. The drizzle of vinegar adds a little zing to each bite. Very fresh and great for a backyard get together.
Jul 22, 2011
I made this for 4th of July and everyone loved it. I also used the leftover filling to top a pizza and it was delicious.
Jul 4, 2011
Took this to a fourth of July party and everybody loved it. Everyone commented on how good they were. Scooping out the tomatoes was a bit time consuming, and piping the filling a bit fussy but pretty quick, and they looked great. The whole recipe took about an hour and cost about $10. Definitely a keeper.
Jun 12, 2010
wonderful tasting, made it for a group, many wanted the recipe, thanks
May 21, 2010
I made these as an appetizer for a women's retreat and they were a big hit. If you have filling left over it's very good on snack crackers.
Feb 15, 2010
These were very colorful and very tasty. I made them 4 hours before the event, and put them in the fridge. They were perfect after that time.
Aug 28, 2009
how long before you use these can they be made?