Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 21, 2012
I made these today, wanted to see if they would be a good Thanksgiving appetizer...they are sooo yummy! I doubled the amount of garlic and added a little salt with the other seasonings. I will definately be serving these on turkey day!
Dec 20, 2009
Easy to make. Tastes great.
Jul 9, 2009
Very easy to make, went over well. Makes exactly 24.