Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Oct 21, 2012
I made these today, wanted to see if they would be a good Thanksgiving appetizer...they are sooo yummy! I doubled the amount of garlic and added a little salt with the other seasonings. I will definately be serving these on turkey day!
Dec 20, 2009
Easy to make. Tastes great.
Jul 9, 2009
Very easy to make, went over well. Makes exactly 24.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.