Mozzarella Appetizer Tartlets
These little cups are so easy to make, but it looks like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I find that when I serve them I can't keep up with the demand. They are eaten up so fast and everyone wants more.—Carolyn Borougerdi, Irving, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices
- In a small bowl, combine oil and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic and remaining Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Brush one side with oil mixture; place oil side down in muffin cups. Spoon cream cheese mixture into each; top with chopped tomato and a cheese slice.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 257 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Italian creamy cheese tarts in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.