Mediterranean Tomato Bites
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Minced fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Cut each sheet into 16 squares; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with Gouda cheese; top with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Bake until golden brown, 14-18 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper; return to freezer. To use, bake pastries as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through. Sprinkle with herbs.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 106 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2018
Make this as an appetizer at an iftar Ramadan party. They were a huge hit! Everyone loved them. I substituted gouda for shredded mozzarella because that is what i had on hand, omitted the oregano and added a drizzle of EVOO and sprinkle of black pepper.
Feb 16, 2018
Very easy, very yummy. I made this for my husband and I as a light dinner, since we were only a little hungry. I used slices of Gouda instead of shredded. I also used dry basil and oregano. Worked out great! The only thing I'd change is adding extra black olives, it needed more. I'd make this again!
May 13, 2016
My new favorite appetizer; and super easy to make.
Feb 28, 2015
These tasted and looked great and were easy to make.
Aug 15, 2014
Great tasting, easy to assemble, and amenable to changes to suit tastes. I used three-cheese Italian blend cheese instead of the Gouda because of an allergy to Annatto food dye used in yellow cheeses, and it worked out fine. My family devoured them! Great way to use my garden's tomatoes and basil.
Aug 4, 2014
this is amazing! we left out the olives (thought we had some but we didn't)
Nov 15, 2012
Easy, taste so yummy and they look fancy. I did a thin layer of sour cream (could use creme fraiche) under the tomato and it made it abit richer. A nice side dish that looks like you fussed!
May 24, 2011
I used crescent roll dough and it was delicious!
Jun 10, 2010
Mediterranean tomato bites are one my family uses when we have company and need a quick, easy group of appetizers. It's simple, easy and fun to make and the guests usually simply love it.
Jul 30, 2009
I made these tonight for an appetizer to use up some of our summer tomatoes. They were easy, delicious, and looked nice too. My husband was impressed, but I didn't tell him how easy they were ; )