Pizza night has never been the same at our house since we started making our low-carb pizza with a meat crust. It's protein-packed, filling and topped with fresh Mediterranean ingredients. — Shauna Havey, Roy, Utah
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup drained water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg and Greek seasoning; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up sides of a greased 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until bottom is no longer pink. Carefully drain drippings from pan, leaving meat in pan.
- Bake until edges are no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce; top with mozzarella, artichokes, tomatoes, olives and feta. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes before topping with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 272 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 904mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Meatzza in Fast Track 2019