Lemon and Coriander Greek Yogurt
You'll be surprised how easy it is to make homemade Greek yogurt. Flavored with lemon and coriander, it's amazing on top of gyros or spread on a sandwich. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 10 hours + chilling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 2 quarts pasteurized whole milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt with live active cultures
- Honey, optional
- Add milk, lemon zest and coriander to inner pot. Cover with glass lid. Press yogurt function; set time to 10 hours. Start. Once the unit reaches 180°, it will stop heating and the display will show "cool." Remove glass lid. Once the milk reaches 110°, it will beep and the display will show "add."
- Remove 1 cup milk from inner pot to a small bowl; add yogurt to bowl. Stir until smooth and return all to inner pot. Stir gently to combine. Cover with glass lid.
- Press yogurt function; start. Incubate, undisturbed, for 4-10 hours. The longer it incubates, the thicker and more tangy the yogurt will be. A beep will sound when cycle is finished. Transfer inner pot, covered, to refrigerator; do not stir. Chill until cold. Strain yogurt through a double layer of cheesecloth or a coffee filter after chilling for 4-6 hours or until yogurt yields 3 cups. Serve with honey if desired.