Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- For sauce, mix the first 6 ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown and juices run clear, 5-7 minutes per side. Top with cheese. Serve with sauce and, if desired, lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce: 482 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Apr 27, 2020
I made this exactly as the recipe stated. (I only give ratings when I follow the recipe as stated.) This was good but the the Tzatziki was not as good as my regular (I always use fresh lemon juice). I would also add some chopped Tomato as a garnish. With those changes I would give it 5 stars.
Apr 25, 2020
Made this tonight and it was excellent. I didn't have fresh dill so I substituted dill weed and cut the measurement in half. It didn't seem to make any difference.
Apr 25, 2020
One of our favorites! We add French fries and eat it like an open-faced sandwich on pita bread.
May 2, 2019
While the tzatziki sauce was not quite what I am used to I still liked it. The chicken was terrific. Very moist and tender. My other half took a taste of tzatziki with his finger and said "not going to eat it" he does not like yogurt anyway or hummus or.... anyway he liked the chicken as well. My kittens each gave 2 paws up for the chicken.
May 1, 2019
This is a deeeeelicious!