Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- For sauce, mix the first 6 ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes per side. Top with cheese. Serve with sauce and, if desired, lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce: 482 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
May 2, 2019
While the tzatziki sauce was not quite what I am used to I still liked it. The chicken was terrific. Very moist and tender. My other half took a taste of tzatziki with his finger and said "not going to eat it" he does not like yogurt anyway or hummus or.... anyway he liked the chicken as well. My kittens each gave 2 paws up for the chicken.
May 1, 2019
This is a deeeeelicious!
Apr 30, 2019
Great recipe! Every person in the house loved it. Nothing short of a miracle. We baked some French fries, bought pita bread