I like to make classic chicken recipes for my family but add a fresh new twist. —Krisen heigl, Staten Island, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- For sauce, mix first six ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes per side. Top with cheese. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce: 482 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Greek Fried Chicken in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.