Cannellini Bean Hummus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes10 servings (1-1/4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pita breads, cut into wedges
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Place garlic in a food processor; cover and process until minced. Add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita wedges and assorted fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 78 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 21, 2018
Very easy to make and tasty, love the homemade pita chips
May 25, 2018
This is a delicious hummus. I especially like it because, to me, it's much creamier than one using chick peas (though I like that kind, too). When I make it, I put in very finely diced tri-color pepper, Italian pepper, minced parsley,and red onion (about 1/4 cup each).
Dec 4, 2014
Easy and tasty. I did add a tablespoon of olive oil and a half teaspoon of sesame oil to increase the rich taste.
Jul 7, 2013
Easy, delicious summer snack!
Apr 6, 2011
Very good! I needed to add a little olive oil to make it creamier. I also added in some lemon zest. My kids are eating it up!