Cannellini Bean Hummus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes1-1/4 cups (10 servings)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pita breads, cut into wedges
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Place garlic in a food processor; cover and process until minced. Add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita wedges and assorted fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 78 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2018
Very easy to make and tasty, love the homemade pita chips
May 25, 2018
This is a delicious hummus. I especially like it because, to me, it's much creamier than one using chick peas (though I like that kind, too). When I make it, I put in very finely diced tri-color pepper, Italian pepper, minced parsley,and red onion (about 1/4 cup each).
Dec 4, 2014
Easy and tasty. I did add a tablespoon of olive oil and a half teaspoon of sesame oil to increase the rich taste.
Jul 7, 2013
Easy, delicious summer snack!
Apr 6, 2011
Very good! I needed to add a little olive oil to make it creamier. I also added in some lemon zest. My kids are eating it up!