Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 1 can (24 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach. Cook about 5 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the spinach starts to stick to the pan, stirring constantly,. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown meat; drain and add to spinach mixture. Stir in the cheese, cream, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut each noodle in half widthwise; spread out noodles side by side on a large piece of foil. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling at one end of noodle; roll up. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Pour about 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish. Place two rolls, seam side down, vertically on both sides of the baking dish. Place remaining rolls in four rows of three rolls each; set aside.
- For cream sauce, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Spread cream sauce over lasagna rolls. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 443 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 23, 2018
Good recipe! Had a fancy flair to it with being really easy to make. We all really liked it.
Mar 3, 2018
I lightened up the sauce with 2% milk instead of cream and whole milk, and I finished with the creamy sauce on top (instead of tomato sauce on top). We all really enjoyed it.
Nov 15, 2012
OMG! My four year old twin boys ate spinach. And liked it! This is a really good recipe - flavorful and delicious. A definite keeper.
Aug 27, 2010
This is an amazing dish!! I made for my family and got rave reviews!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.