Cannellini Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the beans, celery, red onion, red pepper, parsley and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 9, 2017
I love this recipe and have made it several times. I use 1 can of cannellini and 1 can of black beans. I also omit the red onion but double the green onion.
Sep 23, 2015
I try new recipes all the time and ask friends if they think I should make again. If they like it, then I keep the recipes and use it again. 7 out of 7 people agreed this was a "keeper".
Jun 21, 2014
I'm a fan! I normally don't like beans or bean salad but this was really good! Balsamic was a nice change from red wine vinegar...definitely will make again!
Jul 25, 2011
This was very good. I loved it.
Aug 8, 2008
EZ to fix, great side for a summer meal. I served this with baked BBQ chicken thighs, cucumber strips, sliced tomatoes, and honey-glazed carrots.Whole family liked it, and I shared the recipe, too!!